Wednesday, September 30, 2009

My Top 20 DIY Wedding Websites!

For the next few Wednesdays, I'm going to be posting some information for you all, which I hope will come in handy.  My favorites!  This week, I'd like to share with you my top 20 favorite DIY web resources.  These websites and blogs are absolutely chock full of DIY goodness.  As an added bonus, they're all quite budget friendly as well.  Read on, friends, read on!

Birthday2



My Top 20 DIY Web Resources!  (in alphabetical order)





This blog has been one of my favorites from the get-go, because its author's wedding focus is so utterly refreshing- good old fashioned values like commitment, community, caring for the earth and the people around us.  And as an added bonus, budget friendly DIY ideas abound!






Are you sensing a theme yet?  This bride has collected and posted many, many lovely wedding projects you can do yourself, and I'm always psyched when she finds something new!




This bride has amazing taste and lovely ideas.  Definitely check out last week's hanging mason jar project.  So much fun!




This is the website for you if you want to create lovely DIY wedding projects but lack the graphic design skills to design your own images.  I have personally worked with the designer, Sarah Guze Brown, and her prices are very reasonable, her work is excellent, she communicates quickly, and she is lots of fun to work with!




This amazing bride is from my home state, but the real reason I love her is that her blog is tons of fun!  I particularly love the photo thank you postcards she made, along with the DIY argyle programs she has posted.





This much loved blogger bride planned her own amazing DIY wedding on an unbelievable budget.  Her graphic design background probably helps, but seriously, almost all of her ideas could be replicated by a novice and she gives great money saving tips (like customizing bottles of "Two Buck Chuck" to save on your wine budget)!




The name says it all, and you'd be nuts not to check this blog out.  I especially love how many of the ideas could be used, not only for weddings, but also for parties, home decorating, you name it!




I first began following this lovely bride on Weddingbee and later became hooked on her other blog, Glamour This!  Check out her DIY brooch tutorial and you'll be hooked too!




From crackled shabby chic chair signage to felt flowers, this bride can definitely teach you some DIY budget tricks!




iDIY is the perfect place to go for paper inspiration, freebie downloads and more. For me it all started with downloading freebie vintage photoshop brushes-- and suddenly I was hooked for life!




A wonderful, wonderful blog with amazing ideas- like making your own dance floor monogram.  LOVE!




With an abundance of DIY ideas, this blog will charm the socks off of you.  Especially the DIY Ohio printables- or am I just partial?




I found this blog by accident, but I'll never lose it now that I have found it!  The many amazing ideas on this blog will have you hooked too!  Right now, I'm particularly enamored with the vintage book table numbers.  But really, who can pick a favorite?

Once Wed

With an entire portion of the website devoted to DIY weddings, you'll be hooked too.  My current favorite is the kitschy winter table decor, featuring an ADORABLE owl made from a pine cone, but I'm sure you'll find your own favorites within minutes!




This wedding planner's blog is a dream come true for any bride, with its rustic-chic, elegant and fabulous ideas!




I am especially smitten with this blog's DIY silhouette "bride's side" and "groom's side" pew cards, but really, all of the ideas are sure to have you drooling.




This blog has some unbelievably great DIY ideas, and was the place where I found my water bottle labels.  Plus, you know how I feel about vintage glam wedding ideas!

The Vintage Moth

Ok, I admit, this isn't technically a "wedding blog" but with so many gorgeous, free, vintage images, I couldn't resist!

The Wedding Chicks!

A great place to go for freebie downloadable invitation goodies. Check out their category titled "DIY & Templates" and start swooning for yourself!




With this blog, you will spend many hours reading, smiling, loving.  There is an entire section devoted to wonderful DIY projects too, what else do you need to know?

free image courtesy of www.fotosearch.com

No comments:

Post a Comment