Thursday, October 1, 2009

Naming the Tables

Now that J. and I are starting to get closer to the wedding, I have been focusing on wrapping up easy projects that can be done in advance so that it can all be done by the week of the wedding.  So one of the easiest things I have gotten out of the way is making signs for various wedding elements.

The first set of signs I made were our table numbers.  J. and I have done a bit of moving around as adults,  so early on, we decided to name the tables after places we have lived.  It seemed like another easy way to add personalization to the wedding.  So I hit my local dollar store and came up with a plan.  Now I admit, I'm very fortunate to have a dollar store with an entire aisle of scrapbooking supplies, which is where I found gold rub-on transfer lettering in a lovely font!  I ended up buying ten packages along with a supply of cream colored card stock, and used both for many other wedding elements too.

r-63324


source



I also found inexpensive gold frames from the same store at 2 for $1, so I snapped up 16 of them.  The quality wasn't great, but it didn't have to be for this project, so I decided not to worry about it.  I set to work as soon as I got home, first applying the lettering to plain white card stock to spell the names of places.  I then cut out the table name and applied it to a rectangle of gold wrapping paper I had on hand using my trusty glue stick.  Finally I added a third layer of cream card stock and put the whole thing into the picture frame.  Easy peasy lemon squeezy!

Cake and Poms 035


Wedding elements for boxes 023



(PS, sorry about the photo quality, it was raining when I took the pics and the lighting was terrible!)

Are you doing anything nontraditional for your tables?

No comments:

Post a Comment