Thursday, September 3, 2009

What to Wear to a September Wedding?


September is wonderful.  Its not too hot or too cold.  Its the edge of fall, the start of apple picking season, back to school time!  But it can be kind of hard to figure out what to wear to a September wedding, for those same reasons- will one be a bit cold or a bit hot in their dress? We all know you're not supposed to wear white to a wedding if you're not the bride, but what colors are ok in September?  So when Norkle asked me to think about what one might wear to a September wedding, I was all too happy to oblige!


Some ideas...


This one Norkle actually found.  The color is stunning!


I like this dress because the pleating is only in the front- not all the way around, which might look like a maternity dress unflattering for many body types.  The print would work for summer, and the metallic quality would be perfect for the holidays-- its versatile!  AND it has pockets.  'Nuff said.




This dress from Ann Taylor is on sale right now in four colors, and while I'm not the Ann fan I used to be, I find this dress really striking!  And there's those pockets again.


This art deco party frock from Anthropologie intrigues me.  Sweetheart necklines are really flattering and the pattern on the dress is so architectural.  I wonder how it fits?


Last but not least, is the "convertible dress."  These dresses are showing up all over the blogosphere for bridesmaids, probably because they're downright easy for most people to work with.  This one is the most affordable version I've come across, at Victoria's Secret of all places.  I love that you could buy this in black (or navy) and make it your permanent LBD.  How many times do you think you could switch things up and re-wear this before someone would see you and realize it's the same dress?



What would you choose?

No comments:

Post a Comment