Thursday, September 10, 2009

Give Us Your Photos!

J. and I attended a recent wedding where the couple left cards out for the guests, telling the guests about a Snapfish photo room the couple had created where guests could upload their photos of the wedding.  And I loved this idea so much that I just had to incorporate it into our own wedding.  Small problem: we did not budget for tiny cute cards.  Oh, but I had a solution!

A Snapfish group room is free so it was a *snap* to set that up! (Sorry but I love puns).  So the next step was to make these little cards.  At first I thought about using Moo Cards, because when you order them, you can make each and every one of the cards different if you wish- but they were a little pricey for something we didn't budget for.  And it seemed rather time consuming to make all those little cards for such a small project.  So I returned to- you guessed it- Vista Print.  You may recall that I've used Vista Print postcards for a number of wedding elements including our save-the-dates, and our recipe cards, so it occurred to me that I might be able to score a deal there on business cards.  And I did!  [Insert photo of me patting myself on the back here].
livepreview.aspx

If you sign up for Vista Print's email list, be warned that they will send you a ton of email, but they also send out great promos.  And thanks to one of those promos, we got 250 of these little cards for free, paying only $5.67 for shipping.  They gave us the choice of either glossy (a free upgrade) or matte cards too.  I decided to go with the matte, since I think it looks a bit more vintage, but I can say from experience the glossy finish can be nice too.  We only need about 150, but the smallest number you could order was 250, so I suppose we'll just have extras.


I should add that these were incredibly easy to make.  I used one of their many business card templates and then went into the advanced editing feature to change fonts and formatting.  Photoshop experts could do the entire thing from scratch if they wanted, but I went the easy route and it seemed to work out well!  I am planning to put one of these little cards in each gift bag with the favors so that people don't lose them or forget them (I hope, anyway).


Have you ever taken advantage of a group photo room?

No comments:

Post a Comment