Thursday, September 24, 2009

Ladurèe s’il vous plaît

2I don't speak French, but I might have to learn after trying the Macaroons of Ladurèe, my amazing discovery of the week!  My good friend H. brought me a sampler package of macaroons back as a souvirnir from her recent trip to Paris, and in it were six flavors of the most delicious treat I have tasted to date- rose, caramel with salted butter, pistachio, strawberry, vanilla bean and lemon.  She gave them to me smiling like the devil, and I tasted the delicate lemon first.  Swoon!  I of course acted like I was going to save them and savor them over the next two weeks, but in spite of my good intentions, I went straight back to my office and devoured (as slowly as I could) the remainder of my tasty treats.



3According to their website, "[i]t all began in 1862, when Louis Ernest Ladurée, a miller from France’s southwest, created a bakery at 16 rue Royale in Paris."  Eventually, one of Paris's first tea salons was born, and soon after these little sandwiches joined with ganache, much to my delight these many years later.  And these ganaches are not just standard chocolate- they are rich, complex, delicate, and overwhelming all at once!

5The only real issue I have with these macaroons is not the gorgeous green and gold gift bag they come in.  It's not the thoughtful and delicate packaging that makes their presentation so extra special.  Nor the feeling of decadence I get eating them.  It is that there is no Ladurèe store in New York!  Because these would make incredible edible wedding favors.  I know there are many lovely alternatives, but I want these macaroons!

1Or, I could also be convinced to try this little package- yes, that is a real actual photo of Christian Louboutin gift boxes for Ladurèe. 

 

 

 

So next time you're in Paris, bring me some?  :)

All images courtesy of Ladurèe

No comments:

Post a Comment