Thursday, September 17, 2009

Just Married!


I'm not sure what Emily Post would say about who is supposed to decorate the getaway car, but since J. and I are going to be stylin' and profilin' around in one of these two vintage cars, I felt I could take some liberty and design our own "just married" sign.  After all, I am probably in the best position to envision how the car trunk will look with signage on it, and besides, I want to make sure any decoration is "car friendly" and won't do any damage.




Potential Option 1:  1937 Packard Limo
Potential Option 1: 1937 Packard Limo



Potential Option 2: 1933 Packard Convertible (we'll keep the top up, thankyouverymuch)
Potential Option 2: 1933 Packard Convertible (we'll keep the top up, thankyouverymuch)
All car photos courtesy of my dad (visit his website here!)



So I did some research and found some great options for "just married" signs.  All DIY of course!

mwd103906_sum08_sign_xl


source


caketablesign1


source


img-177


source


Ultimately, I found the below inspiration from the Martha, complete with freebie download, and I just knew it would be perfect!



wa104114_spr09_026_l


All I had to do was print out the free Martha template, cut out the fancy letters, and then use spray adhesive to tack them onto card stock.  Then, I used an exacto knife to cut slits in the card stock, and I fed lengths of spare green ribbon I had on hand (leftovers from yet another crafty endeavor) through the slits.  The sign will hang in two sections to keep things as tangle-free as possible, and can be placed over the trunks of whichever car we end up using.  Total cost, zero dollars.  Well ok not zero if you count printing and ribbon, but since I didn't have to buy them, I think of it as free!  I can't wait to see them in action!


The full banner




Detail shot!
Detail shot!

Would you decorate a getaway car?  How would you do it?

No comments:

Post a Comment