Friday, September 18, 2009

Heather and Greg's Garden Party Wedding

Its Friday, and I'm in a great mood, which means it is once again time for a feature wedding!  This week I am thrilled to be able to show you one of the most lovely weddings I could ever imagine, the wedding of Heather and Greg.  I've known these two as dear friends since way-back-when, and let me just tell you this wedding was ALL about the details, from the argyle groomsmen's socks, to the four perfect flower girls (along with two adorably insolent ring bearers who refused to participate).  The festivities took place at the drop dead gorgeous Estate at East Wind in Wading River, New York, with the ceremony outside in the garden, accompanied by a string quartet and the smell of fresh garden flowers.  For cocktail hour and dinner, the guests moved indoors where they were greeted with gobs of food and a fantastic band!


The bride wore a trumpet-shaped Amsale gown covered in the most delicate lace I've ever seen, and she carried cattleya orchids, her ladies in green and carrying hydrangeas.  She chose Wendy Kromer marzipan cherries and Ann Wood birds to adorn the cake, and did all of the most impressive details herself- customized menus with hilarious descriptions, lovely hand-sewn programs, out-of-town boxes filled with local goodies and covered in paper lace, and etsy finds for favors, lovingly wrapped with paper and ribbon.  My personal favorite part of the evening was watching their first dance- She's Always a Woman- romance was everywhere that night!  Congrats to Heather and Greg, who just celebrated their first wedding anniversary!


Oh and PS- do you like her veil?  Me too!  Heather is generously letting me wear it in my own wedding as my "something borrowed"  :)



Enjoy!

Slide1


Slide2




Slide3


Slide4


Slide5


Slide6


Slide7


Presentation1


Slide8


Slide9


Slide10


Slide11



If you know of a bride and groom who would like to be featured on The One! please let me know in the comments and I'll be sure to get in touch with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment