Saturday, September 12, 2009

Do Not Disturb

Another engaged friend of mine recently emailed me to ask if I had ever heard of people adding customized door hangers to their OOT bags.  And I had seen one bride do a fantastic door hanger on Wedding Bee.  But a quick google search revealed that, in fact, these are a hot, fun project!  I think J. might just kill me if I put another project in the hopper, so I'm sharing the love in the hopes that someone else will find a good use for them!  Here are some great ones I found, and below each is the link to the relevant tutorial:

This crafty bride came up with a great way to use scrap paper from her other projects!




I like that this bride incorporated information for the guests into this hanger.



This seems like it would be the easiest DIY idea ever.  I'm thinking you could design inexpensive Vista Print postcards, then its just two holes punched and ribbon.



This template is actually for mother's day, but it seems like you could easily modify this for a wedding!



And these, well these are just plain fun!



So let's say you want to make door hangers, but don't want to have to do a lot of cutting.  You can save your hands from years of arthritis for bargain-basement prices with these "Perfectly Plain" hangers which can be run right through your home printer.  Just $5.99 for 50, or $7.99 for 100.


And if you want to make your life really easy, you can have someone else make them entirely!  For example, check out the magic happening at Print Place.  They are $88 for 250, but I have to wonder if they would make a smaller order if you called...

What do you think?  Overkill or fun addition?

No comments:

Post a Comment