Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Tattoos: Haute or Hide?

Most people are surprised to learn that I have a tattoo.  A big, giant fairy tattoo on my back.  My good friend T. worked with me at the tender age of 19 to create this stunner, and I had the work done at Stained Skin in Columbus, Ohio.  Would I do it again?  Heck no, that sucker was painful.  But I love it.  It is a reminder of a time in my life that was all about freedom and growth, rebellion and identity.  So when people ask if I'm planning to cover it up for the wedding I am always a little taken aback.  I know some brides do so (and I really do understand why), but the way I see it, its a part of who I am and I refuse to cover up who I am!

n887055014_3620985_7305


my tattoo and T. the artist!



And that's why today, I'd like to feature some of my favorite images of super-cute brides showing off their tattoos!  I love how in each photo, the tattoo is notable but doesn't steal the show- absolutely lovely!  The description below each image links to it's source.

2944215791_164e337f50


By michelliebellie on flickr.


3763245223_37eaaf290b_o


This girl is a ROCK STAR!  Loving the car.  Check out Offbeat Bride for more!


alexisforever


How cute is she?  Another from Offbeat Bride...


3180253261_e72cbf9138


Loving the stars- its like she planned them for this photo!


427photography


Hey, look, this bride is like me!


untitled


And who could forget this bride with her peek-a-boo birds, by my favorite photographer Jessica Morrisy of course!



xoxo,

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment