Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Reserved Seating

I'm going to keep it real with you.  I know full well that we, the bride and groom, do not need signs to enforce reserved seating at the sweetheart table of our own wedding.  But there are lots of things we don't need, and it never seems to stop me.  *grin*

Check out these adorable versions of seating signs that other brides have come up with!

bride n groom signs - evoke



source




allison-1


source


c9f24985f06c72d934b907e65363f3ae_s



source



So when I ran into a seating sign kit from the Brides line at Michael's on clearance for $1.99, I snapped it up!  The colors were all wrong- the ribbon and scalloped trim were brown- but the ivory paper worked perfectly, and I was able to switch out the brown ribbon for green satin.  I'll recycle that brown ribbon some other time.  As for the brown trim on the edge of the signs, I took my paint pens, leftover from my aisle runner project, and just traced over the brown with green.  A quick trip through my home printer in a green Bickham font, and voila!  Chair signs!

Wedding elements for boxes 003



I debated on whether to go with "Mr." and "Mrs." (to match our toasting flutes and cake cutting set) or just using our names.  Ultimately, I went with our names, since we're using them in the Bickham font all over the other wedding elements- it just made sense.

Have you scored any bargain decor?  What are your plans for it?

No comments:

Post a Comment