Thursday, September 10, 2009

You Are Now Entering The Twilight Zone...

Today is no ordinary Thursday.  Oh no, today is a big-deal day for two reasons.  One, today I am 30 days from my 30th birthday.  And two, today I am 100 days from getting married.  Holy moley, the countdown begins!  So in thinking about what these next important days would mean, this photo of J. and I immediately came to mind.  And it made me think I should have a quick list of goals to help me preserve my sanity over the coming weeks- the peacefulness I was feeling when this photo was taken.  And since I've made it public, I think I'll be good for it.

(1)  I will prioritize my commitment to and connection with J. above all else.  No matter what happens in the coming madness, I won't forget why I'm here.

(2) I will do the best I can with the details, and then I will let go, because I know nobody will mind. 

(3) I will remember that every moment of this process is precious, and I will cherish them all.

(4) I will wear my new red dress on my birthday and embrace being 30.  Because it really is way better than when I was 20.

(5) And finally, I'm going to try to take better care of my nails.  They look pretty bad right now :)

Do you ever find yourself with mid-life resolutions?  How do you do with them?
photo by Jessica Morrisey

No comments:

Post a Comment