Monday, October 5, 2009

Shower Power: Saying Thanks!

Oh my goodness, I just had the BEST weekend!  My ladies planned the most amazing bachelorette weekend possible (which I'll describe more fully with recaps just as soon as I get some photos), and then yesterday, it all culminated in a spectacular bridal shower at Sayen Gardens (recaps forthcoming as well).  I was completely overwhelmed by the absolute generosity of my family, future family, and friends, and was touched by the thoughtfulness that went into every single detail.  I knew in advance they were planning something good, but what took place was more than I could have ever dreamed!  So of course that is what I'm going to write about this week!

While I wait for photos, I thought it would be fun to start by sharing the gifts I made for the ladies who took the lead in the planning.  I really wanted to say thank you to them in a way that was meaningful and heartfelt, without going too far over the top.  And I hope they liked them as much as I liked making them!

Shower 019


I started with plain white gift bags (I ordered these in bulk for a variety of wedding gifts from Paper Mart).  I then printed the words "Thank You" on my home printer and added some coordinating scrapbook paper.


For the goodies inside, I made three more tags the same way, that said "for showering me with love," "for being so sweet," and "for lighting up my day."  I tied these tags with coordinating ribbon onto shower gel, chocolate bars, and candles!  Each gift bag is just a little bit different, but these elements are essentially the same.


Shower 013


Shower 018


Shower 016


I'll be the first to admit, that I didn't come up with the tag-titles myself, but after putting my own spin on the project I'm feeling pretty good about how it turned out!  And for the crowning glory, I found these adorable Kate Spade thank you notes with perfect green envelope liners!


Shower 011


And here it is all together- ta da!


Shower 010


I know these really don't do justice to all that these ladies have done for me, but I hope its a start.  They really outdid themselves!  I've said it before and I'll say it again, I am LUCKY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment