Thursday, October 8, 2009

Showered With Love... The Action!

Yesterday I showed you all the wonderful details from my bridal shower, and today I'd like to share with you all of the fun action shots!

Slide1

All of my ladies arrived early to get everything set up.  Pictured below are my three planning superstar bridesmaids: T. (future sister in law who made the lovely invitations and floral arrangements); C. (my dear friend from college who DIY'd many of the special projects and found the bachelorette barn too!); R. (a dear law school friend and brainchild of the equine donation, along with master arranger of logistics, which, with ten bridesmaids was no small feat...).



Slide2

And so when I arrived I found myself in a lovely garden party setting, surrounded by so many of my favorite people!

Slide3

One of my top priorities was to get a photo with my ladies, of course! R., A., S., C., H., S., B. and T.!

Slide4

My ladies also made sure to capture photos of all the guests enjoying their mimosas and brunchies!

Slide5

Soon after we ate, the presents began!  Here's a photo of my all-time favorite gift of the day: a family recipe book from my FMIL.  Each page contains recipes from J's family, along with a photo of the recipe giver.  Its going to be an incredible heirloom- one I'm looking forward to using!  (Also pictured is bridesmaid R., dutifully making sure I never had to go present-less!)

Slide6

J.'s favorite gift of the day was the subject of much giggling: the "Ready America" grab 'n' go emergency kit.  J. loves to watch TV shows about mega-disasters, and feels we should be duly prepared.  Now we are!

Slide7

Bridesmaid H. gathered the ribbons from various gifts in order to construct a hat for me to wear when the gifts were concluded.  Didn't she do a good job?  Also pictured is the amazingly adorable gift basket covered in tissue flowers, which was created by my Aunt M.  She went with Hawaiian colors (in honor of our honeymoon) and a garden theme for the party.  I absolutely loved it!

Slide8

After I thought presents had concluded, my bridesmaids surprised me with one more incredible gift- a panty line!  I have pasted the poem that was read with it below-- I can't tell you how much it made me laugh (and blush)!

Presentation1

As things started to wind down, my ladies and I took a quick break to goof off.  Pictured below, me seeing if I could hide in the basket for a mimosa moment.  And A., wondering if she could "borrow" my new mandoline?

Slide9

All in all, I could not have asked for a more generous, thoughtful, wonderful day with so many of my favorite people in attendance.  I also got to know some of J.'s family and friends better, and we took home some incredible loot!  We had the perfect assortment of honeymoon-related gifts (yeeeah!) and new home goodies (stuff we really wanted and needed) so I know we'll be enjoying the fruits of the shower for a long time!

Slide10

I hope someday I will get the opportunity to return the favor to my ladies because they really outdid themselves!

Slide11

We bridesmaids have a secret to share

About our little bride

She is obsessed with underwear

That we cannot hide.

So for our special panty queen
We've gathered up some twine

And working as a friendly team

We formed a panty line.

Sarah, these undies are to last you
All throughout your life.
And J. will be so pleased to say
He has a sexy wife!

So listen up to hear about
Your lifelong panty plan
These underwear, we have no doubt
Will last your whole life span.

The first are for your wedding day
Of course they are pure white
We know that John will shout, "Hooray!"
When he sees you on that night.

The next are for your honeymoon
They're sexy and all lace
We hope you'll leave your hotel room
'Cause Hawaii's a gorgeous place!

On Valentine's you'll wear this pair
Before you hit the bed
'Cause Cupid's arrow in the air
Shoots tushies that wear red.

And then after a year has passed
Anniversary number one
With these you'll surely have a blast
'Cuz leopard's so much fun!

Then when the time is right for you
And don't be saying, "Maybe"
You'll wear your little pink or blue
In honor of your baby.

And when your years of wedding bliss
Become the big 2-5
Don't worry - you'll just slip this on
To keep the sparks alive.

Then, finally when you're old and gray,
With these you can't go wrong,
'Cuz sorry - but at that age, Sarah
You just can't wear a thong.

No comments:

Post a Comment