Thursday, October 22, 2009

Wedding Makeup Looks

In addition to preparing for my upcoming hair trial, my stylist and I have been thinking about makeup looks.  In my past life (i.e., before I graduated from college) I worked in cosmetics and did a great deal of makeup myself, so I'm pretty sure about what I like.

For the wedding look, I'm thinking dewey and fresh makeup.  Something polished, in shades of gold and peach, with a slightly smokey eye and a glossy lip.  The glossy lip might be an issue, because lip gloss will need frequent re-application, but I think it will be worth it.  I can always put one of my bridesmaids on lip gloss patrol, right?

I'm planning to do a little bit of fake baking, along with some spray tanning, to get enough glow on my skin to feel comfortable but not-too-tan.  I know, fake baking is bad for me, but I'm only doing it just this once, and I promise not to do too much of it!

So here are my makeup muses- the looks I'm hoping to channel on our wedding day!

[caption id="attachment_1014" align="aligncenter" width="265" caption="Love her or hate her, Kate Hudson absolutely glows here- looks like there might be some sort of shimmer product under her foundation."]love her or hate her, Kate Hudson absolutely glows here- looks like there might be some sort of shimmer product under her foundation[/caption]



[caption id="attachment_1015" align="aligncenter" width="203" caption="My girl-crush Carrie is back with a smoky gray eye- I'd go with golds for me, but you get the idea of the look here."]My girl-crush Carrie is back with a smoky gray eye- I'd go with golds for me, but you get the idea of the look here[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_1016" align="aligncenter" width="218" caption="Hayden Panettiere has the neutral shiny lips here that totally balance her heavy eyeliner. I think it works!"]Hayden Panettiere has the neutral shiny lips here that totally balance her heavy eyeliner.  I think it works![/caption]

[caption id="attachment_1017" align="aligncenter" width="271" caption="I'm loving the way Jessica Simpson's artist applied her liner just into her lash line- its provides a hint of smoke, but its not too heavy, and it makes the whites of her eyes pop!"]I'm loving the way Jessica Simpson's artist applied her liner just into her lash line- its subtle, but it makes the whites of her eyes pop![/caption]

[caption id="attachment_1018" align="aligncenter" width="220" caption="I'll be honest- I think Lindsay Lohan looks a little malnourished here, but I adore the metallic tint of her lip color- not too bright but still has substance!"]I'll be honest- I think Lindsay Lohan looks a little malnourished here, but I adore the metallic tint of her lip color- not too heavy but still has substance![/caption]

[caption id="attachment_1019" align="aligncenter" width="195" caption="And finally a non-blonde! Jennifer Garner might have perfected my look... she looks so healthy and polished, but not overdone!"]And finally a non-blonde!  Jennifer Garner might has perfected my look... she looks so healthy and polished, but not overdone![/caption]

Do you have a makeup muse?

all images from Project Wedding

No comments:

Post a Comment