Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Hair Inspiration

On Halloween, I'm heading to my hairdresser for my hair and makeup trial.  So one of the things I'm working on right now, is gathering inspiration for how I would like to style my hair!

At first, I thought I'd want to go for an old hollywood glam vibe.  But I wasn't sure how practical it would be, with my super long, super thick hair.

[caption id="attachment_1001" align="aligncenter" width="239" caption="Reece's 40's style barrel curls"]Reece's 40's style barrel curls[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_1002" align="aligncenter" width="180" caption="Jaime Pressly channels Marilyn"]Jaime Pressly channels Marilyn[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_1003" align="aligncenter" width="185" caption="and Charlize pulls a Marilyn equally well"]and Charlize pulls a Marilyn equally well[/caption]

Since I wasn't sure about these stylized looks for my hair type, I began thinking about big hair.  I love big hair, a la Dolly Parton or Joan Crawford in the 80's.  Carrie Underwood does a modern take on big hair that makes me drool.

[caption id="attachment_1004" align="aligncenter" width="240" caption="Carrie Underwood and I have matching bangs "]Carrie Underwood and I have matching bangs too[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_1005" align="aligncenter" width="201" caption="Kate Beckinsale pulls off the look with a big veil like mine!"]Kate Beckinsale pulls off the look with a big veil like mine![/caption]

But my stylist has warned me that my hair, with all its length, might not hold curl for as long as I would like.  So I'm also considering doing big hair in an up-do.  Something low and loose, curly, and, most importantly, big.  Probably bigger than what is pictured.

[caption id="attachment_1006" align="aligncenter" width="251" caption="Eva Longoria nails this look"]Eva Longoria nails this look[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_1007" align="aligncenter" width="256" caption="I am loving this Emmy Rossum 'do!"]I forget who this is, but I think she's pretty![/caption]

[caption id="attachment_1008" align="aligncenter" width="245" caption="Taylor Swift's curls are exactly what I would want- soft, romantic, flowing"]Taylor Swift's curls are exactly what I would want- soft, romantic, flowing[/caption]

You're probably wondering why I have a thing for big hair... its because I have a belief (which many say is irrational) that I have a large head.  Its true though, my hat size is large.  So I want big hair to make my head look scaled to size.  It will be fun to meet with my stylist and make some decisions!

All images sourced from Project Wedding

No comments:

Post a Comment