Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Showered with Love, Ohio Edition: The Deets!















 














As promised, recaps for the Ohio shower are underway!  First, I'd love to show you all the amazing little details my mother and sister (MOH) planned and executed to make the shower so spectacular.  Suffice it to say, I was well-fed and well-loved! 



[caption id="attachment_1205" align="aligncenter" width="432" caption="It started as a gloomy, rainy day."]It started as a gloomy, rainy day.[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_1208" align="aligncenter" width="432" caption="But I didn't mind. I took the opportunity to snuggle with Sebastian, the family cat. While we bonded, I attempted a cat photo shoot, which is tougher than it looks."]But I didn't mind.  I took the opportunity to snuggle with Sebastian, the family cat.  While we bonded, I attempted a cat photo shoot, which is tougher than it looks.[/caption]



[caption id="attachment_1206" align="aligncenter" width="432" caption="And inside our house, the action was happening! First, the pinata-turned-card-holder was introduced. It was my favorite color- pink! "]But inside, the action was happening!  First, the pinata-turned-card-holder was introduced.  It was my favorite color- pink![/caption]

 

 



[caption id="attachment_1209" align="aligncenter" width="432" caption="My mother had special pink and yellow pony cookies made just for the shower. And she and my sister dressed up my little ponies for the occasion too! Apparently their outfits were intended for stemware, but frankly I think the ponies wear them better!"]My mother had special pink and yellow pony cookies made just for the shower.  And she and my sister dressed up my little ponies for the occasion too!  Apparently their outfits were intended for stemware, but frankly I think the ponies wear them better![/caption]

 


[caption id="attachment_1207" align="aligncenter" width="432" caption="My mother and sister got out other decorations too- like this cake topper from my mom's wedding!"]My mother and sister were preparing the other decorations too- like this cake topper from my mom's wedding![/caption]

[caption id="attachment_1210" align="aligncenter" width="432" caption="And of course, sister B. remembered to get out cards for the Snapfish photo room, a great idea from the earlier shower which was just as good the second time around!"]And of course, sister B. remembered to get out cards for the Snapfish photo room, a great idea from the earlier shower which was just as good the second time around![/caption]

[caption id="attachment_1211" align="aligncenter" width="432" caption="My mom home-cooked our menu from scratch and it was amazing. Balsamic-marinated veggies, chicken-almond salad in tomatoes, gourmet trail mix, pastry-wrapped baked brie, cider macaroni and cheese, meatballs, and yes, more. All served on heirloom china and crystal in honor of the occasion."]My mom home-cooked our menu from scratch and it was amazing.  Balsamic-marinated veggies, chicken-almond salad in tomatos, gourmet trail mix, pastry-wrapped baked brie, cider macaroni and cheese, meatballs, and yes, more.  All served on heirloom china and crystal in honor of the occasion.[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_1212" align="aligncenter" width="432" caption="The baked brie was a definite highlight. I'm kind of drooling on my keyboard just remembering."]The baked brie was a definite highlight.  I'm kind of drooling on my keyboard just remembering.[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_1213" align="aligncenter" width="432" caption="Cookies and game prizes were readied for consumption..."]Cookies and game prizes were readied for consumption...[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_1214" align="aligncenter" width="432" caption="And the crème de la crème was the pink pony bride cake! LOVE!! And what makes it extra special (other than the fact that it was a tasty black forest confection) was that it was created by the same bakery that did my mother's wedding cake!  Didn't they do an amazing job?!"]And the crème de la crème was the pink pony bride cake!  LOVE!!  And what makes it extra special (other than the fact that it was a tasty black forest confection) was that it was baked by the same bakery that did my mother's wedding cake![/caption]



[caption id="attachment_1215" align="aligncenter" width="432" caption="One of the most special parts of the day was when my mother gifted me the Noritake china set which had once been given to her as a wedding gift. It is from the 1930's and it is stunning. I was really touched."]One of the most special parts of the day was when my mother gifted me the Noritake china set which had once been given to her as a wedding gift.  It is from the 1930's and it is stunning.  I was really touched.[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_1216" align="aligncenter" width="432" caption="With all the prep done, we ladies took a moment for a quick photo. Say cheese!"]With all the prep done, we ladies took a moment for a quick photo.  Say cheese![/caption]

Up next, the party begins! 



No comments:

Post a Comment