Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Barn Bacheloretting: The Fun!!

As you may recall, my bachelorette party was held at a gorgeous converted historic barn, and we seriously had an amazing time!  When I arrived, bridesmaids C., R. and T. had food and wine waiting for me, along with a scrumptious chocolate cake (which had the added bonus of looking like a part of the female anatomy, thereby resulting in us giggling like 13 year-olds).

Slide1

Slide2

The ladies also purchased for me the all-important "bride" veil and garter set, which I am modeling below.

Slide3

Of course, everyone was mega jealous of my bridal tiara, so I let the girls each have a moment with the veil.

Slide4

The next morning, we all awoke to mostly-mild headaches, and this gorgeous backyard view!

Slide5

I made friends with the sheep and donkeys who lived out back.  Fred and Fiona, the donkeys, were loud, proud, and loved to eat sugar cubes.  The sheep had less personality, but they were super-cute too.  Especially the one who was missing an ear (and had stitches on his face- apparently the poor little guy keeps getting his face stuck in the fence)!  Fred gave me kisses, which helped me miss J. a little less.Slide6

Sadly, some of the previous visitors of the barn had stolen (yes, stolen) the barn coffee maker, and so we made a trip into Frenchtown for some coffee.  Beware the bride who hasn't had her coffee.  The girls made me wear the tiara around Frenchtown, obviously.   But for some reason, the people who worked in the coffee shop were not amused.  Not even a congratulations!  Maybe they hadn't had their coffee yet either...Slide7

Once in Frenchtown, we decided to take our coffee and the veil for a walk.  On the way, a lot of inanimate objects asked us if they could wear the veil- and of course, we obliged.  Slide8

After we were sufficiently caffeinated, we returned home to get ready for our day (a spa surprise for me)!  Pictured below is bridesmaid C. pretending to be in an LL Bean catalog.  I know this photo was taken as a joke, but its actually my favorite of the entire weekend!  With her is the owners' sweetheart dog.  We called him Budd, but we have no idea what his real name was.  Slide9

Next, we went to a spa nearby!  It was a lovely space in a gorgeous location, and had the added bonus of becoming a surprisingly hilarious activity.  The spa had prepared snacks for our group, and I got to get my massage first!  So while I was blissfully being massaged, I was unaware of the spa-drama unfolding nearby.  The owner of the spa was giving bridesmaid T. a hard time for considering canceling her appointment (T. was feeling quite sick) and so MOH and sister B. stepped in and said some appropriately passive aggressive things to said spa owner.  Meanwhile, super slow mani-pedi lady is talking smack about spa owner to R. and C. in the mani-pedi room.  Fortunately for me, all I had to do was sit there and giggle and enjoy my fully relaxed state of being.

Since we didn't get any photos of this hilarity, I have taken the liberty of recreating our spa time through dramatic pictures:

Slide10



After the spa time, I returned to the barn to get ready for dinner, while bridesmaids C. and R. drove quite a distance to pick up much loved friend A.!!  Unfortunately, my car's navigator decided to take them the long route, so it took them a long time.  And that's just one more reason why I appreciate my girls!Slide11

We all went out to dinner that night at a wonderful restaurant called Marsha Brown, which is located in a converted church.  They made menus just for us, and gave us our own private room in which to eat.  The food was, of course, outstanding and perfectly cooked.  C. and R. chose a delicious wine to accompany the meal.  And we all (except for B.) ordered steak for dinner, because we are such delicate flowers.Slide12

As you can see, the decor was stunning...Slide13

And as dinner progressed, we got sillier and started sharing the veil again.  C. and R. also decided to play paparazzi, in a hilarious game of photographing half-faces and partial-tables.Slide14

For dessert, we were served creme brulee and carrot cake- my two absolute favorite desserts!  And yes, I ate it all, and yes, my stomach hurt for two days after because of it.  But it was SO worth it!Slide15

You can see in the photo below, all of us showing off our resulting "food babies."Slide16

After dinner, we returned home, where one final surprise from my bridesmaids remained...Slide17

My bridesmaids gave me a huge box of "emergency goodies" that included a back massager, an eye pillow, chocolate and prosecco, candles, a few things that might not have been appropriate to give at the shower (followed by more giggling), and The Psychology of Romantic Love, which I'm currently reading now- I'm a sucker for armchair psychology, and this book is a good one!Slide18

All in all, I had an amazing weekend, and the next day at the shower, I was again overjoyed by the generosity and thoughtfulness of everyone who has helped make this time so special!!

Powerpuff girl images free, courtesy of vector junkie

No comments:

Post a Comment