Monday, October 26, 2009

Wedding Painting

ben2I just had an amaaaazing weekend in Ohio, celebrating a hometown bridal shower with some of my favorite peeps!  And I promise, recaps are coming.  But in the mean time, frivolity!  Can we talk for a second about what you should have at your wedding if you possibly can?  If I had unlimited budget (or at least more money to spend than I currently do) I would definitely hire a painter to paint at my wedding.  Yep, seriously, you really can do that.

My friend P., who is always finding new and creative ideas for weddings, sent this my way and I'm sold on the concept, hook line and sinker.  Apparently, there are vendors all over the United States who will do such a thing, but we're currently obsessed with the work of Martin Hardy.

His rate is $1200, so he's pretty reasonable when you consider what you're getting.  He paints in acrylic on a 24 x 36 canvas, which makes sense because no one would want fumes from oil paint at their wedding.  The way it works is that he positions himself close to the dance floor, and will paint a scene of your choice (first dance, cake cutting, toasts, you name it).  And the best part is that his painting is complete by the end of your event - though he cannot guarantee that it will be dry (which seems fair to me).  Can't you just imagine your guests captivated, watching a painter at work at your reception?!

[caption id="attachment_1064" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="Absolutely loving the colors and his feature of the architecture."]Absolutely loving the colors and his feature of the architecture.[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_1065" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="This one is even more impressionistic to me, absolutely capturing the movement of the group and the joy of the event!  And PS, I would like to be invited to a party with acrobats on the ceiling please."]This one is even more impressionistic to me, absolutely capturing the movement of the group and the joy of the event![/caption]

Would you consider hiring a painter to document your special day?


All images from Mr. Hardy's website, http://www.hardyboyart.com/id1.html

No comments:

Post a Comment