Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Dollar Store Ingenuity






No matter how much my relative economic status improves in my life, I never stop loving the dollar store.  Between Jack's 99 cents store here in NYC, and the Christmas Tree Shop I visit in the 'burbs, I find inspiration and ideas everywhere!  So imagine how excited I was when I discovered a contest that strikes right at the heart of my dollar store love over at Living with Lindsay!  Lindsay has challenged readers to come up with a Spring decor item for less than $5, and the readers have responded!  Head on over to see the great ideas folks have had!  Oh oh oh, the love.  Here are my current favorites, all of which seem perfect for bridesmaids gifts, shower or wedding decor:





[caption id="attachment_2642" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="Spring vignette from 320 Sycamore"]Spring vignette from 320 Sycamore[/caption]




[caption id="attachment_2640" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="Silhouette bird plates from Frugal Flourish"][/caption]

[caption id="attachment_2645" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="Vintage inspired calendar from The Paisley Pair"]Vintage inspired calendar[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_2644" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="Apothecary Jars from My Swanky Crafts"][/caption]

[caption id="attachment_2643" align="aligncenter" width="182" caption="Nikki's tea cup bird feeder"][/caption]

[caption id="attachment_2639" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="Lindsay's petal-fringed tea towel"]Lindsay's Petal Fringed Tea Towels[/caption]

Paper doily garland from Decor to Adore


Paper doily garland from Decor to Adore


Do you have any favorites?  What would you make?







No comments:

Post a Comment