Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Inspiration in the Form of Ice Skates

Whenever I watch Project Runway and Tim Gunn warns a contestant not to let their outfit look like a "figure skating costume" I gasp in abject horror.  I love figure skating costumes (and ballerina costumes, and princess costumes)!  And since winter isn't quite out of sight, and the Olympics have dominated my viewing over the past couple of weeks, I thought a figure skating inspiration board would be in order.  In a palette featuring lots of winter white, some sparkles and some purples- the color of power- to keep things from getting too soft!

Slide2Slide1


image sources: tea cup; orchid invitation; San Patrick Gown; vintage ice skating beauty; Jim Hjelm bridesmaid dress; aisle decor; wedding cake;ice skates; ice sculpture; wild flowers; winter bride and groom; tutu flower girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment