Monday, March 15, 2010

Get Me To The Church On Time!

It was time to get to the church!  (All photos in this post courtesy of Jessica Morrisy or from family and friends!)


Well, by some miracle even though we were all running late, and even though it had just started to snow, our group still made it to the church and our ceremony started on time!  I like to take the credit for this, since everyone was shuttled to the church on our ultra-glam school bus!  Ok, maybe it wasn't that glam, but what it lacked in glamour, it made up for in cuteness!


Slide1


Of course, as much as I wanted to join everyone, J. and I also wanted to keep with tradition and wait until the ceremony to see each other.  So I went to the ceremony with my sister and dad, who had pre-parked our getaway car in front of the church.  Isn't it gorgeous?  I didn't want a traditional white car (not that there's anything wrong with them but I wanted something a little more interesting) and since antique cars are totally my father's "thing" we decided on his 1937 Packard limo.  My dad trailered this car all the way from Ohio just so we could have it there!  I especially love how this car has been a member of our family for a while now-- and has driven around some famous people!


Slide2.1


When I got to the church, I was shuttled into a top secret preschool classroom to wait with my ladies, but soon after, my bridesmaids were whisked off to line up for the ceremony.  At this point, all I felt were butterflies and excitement!


Slide2


And with that, the prelude began!  J.'s parents and then my mother and stepfather made their walks down the aisle and lit the candle to Bach's Jesu Joy of Man's Desiring.  It was gorgeous!


Slide2.2Slide3


And check out that gorgeous unity candle I made!  It wasn't a huge element of the wedding, but I was glad I had found an inexpensive way to make it personal.  And I love the contrast of the mossy base with the smooth wood of the altar!


6.Slide2.3


And then, the men lined up for the processional (Water Music, Air, by Handel- one of my all time favorites)!


Slide2.4


J.'s two close cousins laid down the aisle runner at this point.  Remember that project? Well, given the snow outside, I was sure glad I'd listened to my mother and made one!


Slide4


And with that, my girls did their thing.


Slide5.5


And my flower girl did her thing too!  I can't wait to share with you more of the video recaps, because what this photo doesn't tell you, is how she was throwing the petals high in the air like fireworks!


Slide5


Remember my DIY poms?  La-la-love them.


Slide6.6


But where was the ring bearer you ask?  I think he was a little intimidated by all the people- he just didn't have it in him that day.  Which I understand and respect.  I wish I had the fortitude to say "no" sometimes when I need to!  And anyhow, he was so cute it did not matter a bit!!


Slide6


And then... the big moment!  Time for my grand entrance!  To Trumpet Voluntary by Clarke.  I wish I could find the words to express the way the organ sounded- the whole room was vibrant with song, and the moment felt exactly as it should have!  It didn't take long for J. and I to lock eyes, and it was perfect perfect perfect.


Slide7.7Slide7Slide8


Up next, the ceremony!!



And how did we get here?  Checking InPractice Makes Perfect: The Rehearsal!; The Rehearsal Dinner!; The Rehearsal Dinner Slide Show; Girls Gone Wild!; Got Mah Hairs Did; The Guys Get Groomed; The Girls Get Glammed!

No comments:

Post a Comment