Thursday, April 1, 2010

Spring Cleaning!



It's April Fool's Day!  But, although I toyed with writing a post about throwing a pirate wedding (or ninjas, or pirates versus ninjas) I realized there's probably something better to say, and a bit more serious at that.  This is the time of year when I always make sure to do some spring cleaning.  I donate old clothing to goodwill, clean out my fridge, add some miracle grow to the plants, and throw out old receipts.  To name a few things!

And another thing I have needed to do is simplify my life a bit.  During wedding planning, I got so used to moving in hyperdrive-fast-forward that I have not had the chance to be "normal" in a really long time.  I literally never say no or stop.  This has been compounded by a great many demands on my time- we have been trying to sell two homes, and I also have been an active bridesmaid (or close friend) for a slew of weddings (with their associated showers and bachelorette parties), and three baby showers (babies!  yay!)  The good news is that I have high-quality problems: two homes, lots of parties, plenty to keep me busy, good friends to celebrate with.  Lots of DIY projects to do and almost no PWD (post-wedding depression).  Definitely don't feel sorry for me.  The bad news is, I *might* be going crazy.  I am quite possibly addicted to my computer and I can't remember how to sit still.  It makes me a little embarassed to even admit it but facts are facts.

So as I spring clean my home and my life, one of the things I am going to have to do is pare down the blog posting (a little).  I mean it, just a little.  But I simply can't continue to work fulltime in a law firm while living my crazy life and posting meaningful daily content.  So maybe you'll see a few less posts (maybe 3 a week?) but hopefully my content will be that much better, and you'll enjoy reading it even more!  I don't want to bore you with nonsense, I want to blog about the worthwhile and meaningful!  And I want to keep my own self sane and fresh so I can continue to enjoy blogging, weddings, and all the fun that go with them!

And so, wonderful readers, that's my spring cleaning commitment to me... simplify and get sane!  Learn to sit still again!  But don't worry, I'm not going anywhere!  :)

Do you have any spring cleaning to do?

image source: the vintage moth

2 comments:

  1. How would a pirate-themed wedding be a joke?? That sounds AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No judging here! But the pirate themed wedding I had in mind was a pirate marrying a ninja... ok but maybe that also would be AWESOME :)

    ReplyDelete