Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Venue Scout: Dylan's Candy Bar

 Have you ever been to Dylan's Candy Bar?  I know there are multiple locations, but I'm talking about the NYC based confectionery where sugar is the law.  Where I will never bring my children.  EVER.  Because they might bounce right through the ceiling.  Yep, it's basically amazing.



Well, I'm super excited because I recently attended an outrageously fun bridal shower there (all photos in this post courtesy of friend-bride-to-be)!  I knew that Dylan's could throw private parties, but I always figured they would mainly cater to 10 year-olds.  And I was so excited to learn that they do much, much more!  Like showers and bachelorette parties!


Ready for the best part?  If you throw a party at Dylan's, they do all the heavy lifting for you.  They provide you with invitations AND thank you notes, a private, decorated room, food that isn't just candy (read: tea sandwiches, fruit, crudites) and of course a tasty dessert of your choosing! At the shower I attended, a bartender made tasty cocktails right next to a lovely dessert buffet, and ladies made the nicest-smelling cotton candy while we noshed and visited.  There was also a very tasty and lovely candy-land style cake on display.  As Rachel Ray would say, yum-o!


They will even offer you a professional photographer, games (we decorated cupcakes, played a celebrity couples game, and of course the purse game!), and post-shower courier service so the bride doesn't have to lug all those gifts home in a taxi.


Perhaps the best part, other than all the other great parts, was that each guest got signature Dylan's paint cans to fill with candy from the personalized candy bar- which had things like gummies, chocolate covered oreos, jelly bellies, and so forth.  The lids of the paint cans were personalized for my friend, and the guests were elbowing each other to get to the candy.  You really haven't lived until you've seen 50 and 60 somethings elbowing over candy!  :)


Even if you don't live near a Dylan's, this seems like the kind of theme anyone could run with for a grown-up girl party! I think it is pure brilliance.  Friends take note, for my next big birthday, this is the place to throw my surprise birthday party!

1 comment:

  1. It surely seems like an amazing venue, and it looks like the bridal shower was an enjoyable event as well. I also attended my cousin’s bridal shower last week and we had so much fun as there was good food and entertaining games. Now I’m looking forward to the wedding ceremony next month at one of the beautiful San Francisco wedding venues.

    ReplyDelete