Monday, August 24, 2009

No JonBenéts In Our Wedding!

In most aspects of my life, I subscribe to a "to each their own" philosophy, but one thing I just can't seem to get behind is this idea of little girls dressed for weddings like mini-brides. Isn't the whole point of having children in your wedding that they look like children-- and not pageant queens?

Enter our ring bearer M. and flower girl A. These two simply don't need to be fancified, they are utter perfection just the way they are!

So I did my best to find outfits for them to wear to the wedding which were both age-appropriate and which they could re-wear for other dressy occasions. Sadly, Little A. won't see her dress until the wedding rehearsal, but I think little M. looks great in his ensemble (indeed, he started crying when his mother wanted him to put it away)! I can't wait to see them all dressed up on the big day!


Little A.'s green velvet dress (source: Flower Girl Princess) and Little M. showing off his tuxedo.
Money saving tip- boys' tuxedos can be found for a song on ebay and can save you $50-100 off the price of a rental!

How did you choose the wedding attire for the kids in your wedding?

No comments:

Post a Comment