Sunday, August 30, 2009

For the Boudoir

My good friend C. used to work for Victoria's Secret and we used to have a lot of fun trying things on there and seeing what looked good. And in the process, I became addicted to the Body By Victoria line for basics. But I've found some of their pieces to be a little too in-your-face, over-the-top, overt. So these days, I'm always keeping my eyes peeled for something a little different. And getting married gives you a really good excuse to go looking.

A new favorite of mine, discovered at Bloomingdales last month, is Tra La La Lingerie. It has only been recently been introduced, but this stuff is beyond cute. These vintage pin-up girl pieces have boudoir photo-shoot written all over them.


I've also been really impressed by the quality of authentic antique pieces you can find online. Stores like Dollhouse Bettie sell some seriously gorgeous goods and much of it is new-old stock, with the original tags still intact!


But you don't have to shell out mega cash to get a vintage inspired look. I know H&M is carrying a slew of vintage-inspired goodies this season, in great colors, for as close to free as they could probably get. The below image (which is the best I could find) does not even do justice to the mad cuteness happening there.



And one of my all time favorite places to look for intimates is actually through my good friend M., one of my bridesmaids who I've known since I was 7 years old, who just so happens to be the amazing designer also known as the almightyquinn on etsy! M.'s formidable fashion experience includes her work for fashion giants Lane Bryant and Abercrombie, and she even helped launch the Gilly Hicks line of intimates. She has also been making and selling clothing for years, so its no surprise that she's now turned her talents to undies. M.'s work is handmade in her studio from new, recycled and cherry-picked vintage materials. Check out some of her work!



Have you ever seen anything as creative or cute as these suspender panties, made from a vintage slip?



How about these low-rise bloomers for your "something blue"?




Perhaps a super-soft pair of knickers for your bridesmaids' gifts?
.

M's work is cute, comfy, and oh-so-tasteful! It is also ridiculously reasonably priced considering that it is handmade. You can get a pair of her knickers on etsy starting at $14- that is less than a pair of hanky pankies! She'll even do custom! Speaking of custom, guess who is making my garter? *grin*

Do you love looking at lingerie as much as I do?

No comments:

Post a Comment