Thursday, August 27, 2009

"Surviving" the Big Day

I can't resist posting about this little gem that seems to have made its way around the blogs a million times, but never stops being cute. The bridesmaid's survival kit. What a great way to gift your girls some essentials to get them through a lot of primping, then a lot of smiling, followed by a lot of revelry! I feel like these tap into that little girl part of us that still likes goodie bags- don't act like you don't know- its the same part of us that sends us off to the makeup counters for bonus time, whether we need something or not! What a fun, simple pleasure!









I really wanted to do this for my ladies, but I have ten bridesmaids and I wanted to get them more than one gift. And while there are many vendors out there with super-cute ideas, all of the options I found were just a little too pricey. Fortunately, 100 Layer Cake posted this great tutorial (complete with freebie template!) for how to make your own survival kits at home. How fun are these?







Obviously I'm not going to give out the deets for what mine look like or what's in them (I don't want to spill the beans if one of them happens to read this post) but suffice it to say, I'm having a good time with this one. *grin*



Do you think this would be a good gift for someone in your bridal party?

No comments:

Post a Comment