Monday, August 31, 2009

Desert Rose

My Grandma Doris recently gifted me the most wonderful thing- a set of her Franciscan Desert Rose china. I love it because she loved it. And every single piece has been dearly cared for since her own mother gave it to her as a (very) belated wedding gift in 1954- the year my father was born. She never broke a single piece!

After she gave me the set, I immediately begin looking into its history, and it turns out that it is the best-selling pattern in the history of American dinnerware. It made its debut in 1941, and later First Lady Jacqueline Kennedy chose it for use in the White House. Its no longer manufactured, so I've started expanding my collection at antique shops and flea markets. And its so much fun!

So in honor of my grandma's gift, here's a pink-inspired palette that invokes vintage flair, florals, and a little bit of Jackie O!

Sources: bouquet, Desert Rose china set, garland, cookies, flower girl headband, shoes, pomander, aisle decor, gown, cake stands, invitation
Are you inspired by an heirloom?

No comments:

Post a Comment