Monday, August 24, 2009

A Basket For My Flower Girl

Its no secret in the world of weddings that little details cost big bucks. For example, flower girl's baskets from my florist start at $50. Heck, just a bag of rose petals is $30. What's a girl to do?

Make one of course!

I actually sort of made this up as I went along, based on a little moss basket I found at the Christmas Tree Shop after Easter for $.50. I don't think Christmas Tree carries them anymore, but I found these from A Beautiful Life at 2 for $26, so I'm sure a savvy shopper could find them for less.

Anyhow, my less-pretty version of the basket came with funny looking garland around the top. Which was not going to work. So I ripped it off and hot glued some "artfully curled" [read: haphazardly applied] white ribbon to cover the rough edge. Easy peasy lemon squeezy.

Add some mushroom birds, white clay flowers (to make your own, check out The Martha's How To) and a basic
bow, and you've got yourself a cute, Christmasy flower girl basket for less than $5!


What will your flower girl carry down the aisle?

No comments:

Post a Comment