Thursday, December 10, 2009

The Warehouse in Our Guestroom

Dear Guest Room,

Thank you for putting up with the nonsense of the past 9 months.  You've been such a trooper. You used to be so lovely- so thoughtfully eclectic, an homage to my love of antiques and J's love of his man space.  And yet, we've used and abused you.  You've had to sit for countless hours while I made my craft messes on your bed.  You've suffered through hours of phone calls and conversations that could have been had elsewhere.   Instead of guests, you have housed towers of boxes, boxes, and more boxes.  You've had to look at bags of delicious candy and not been able to eat any.  You've had to look at wedding gifts that could have been put away, but hadn't yet been addressed.  That must have been annoying for you.  I'm sorry.

But this weekend, guestroom, I promise things will change.  We'll take all those boxes somewhere else, and when we get back from the wedding, we really will put all those presents away.  Guest Room, I swear, you will once again be a Guest Room!  I know that typical abusive relationships usually involve a fair amount of flowers and apologies, but I am different than those brides, I swear!  I will restore you to your formal glory, and then hopefully, I will sell you to a high paying buyer!

xoxo,

Sarah

[caption id="attachment_1634" align="aligncenter" width="185" caption="Oh Guest Room..."]Oh Guest Room...[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_1635" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="... you are the best room a girl could have!"]... you are the best room a girl could have![/caption]

1 comment:

  1. Oh mercy. This is all too familiar. We lived in a tiny 2br while I was planning ours. I overtook the entire dining area and half the living room. It was insane.

    ReplyDelete