Friday, December 11, 2009

Getting My Ladies Photo-Ready!

With ten bridesmaids, one of the things I've been thinking about is how they might look best in photos.  I've asked them to all choose different dresses from a list of eight potentials in the same fabrics and colors.  So they'll all look a bit different.  Plus, they've each been asked to do their hair however they like, get whatever shoes they like, wear whatever jewelery they like.  I actually want them to look different.  They're all gorgeous ladies with unique styles, so shoehorning them into matchy-matchy madness was absolutely not acceptable to me.  Can you imagine: ten ladies looking like green, wind-up toy soldiers?  Notsomuch.

I'm hoping that by giving them the space to find their own looks, the end result will be cohesive but interesting- and more importantly, will yield me a happy group of ten ladies (woe to the bride with ten unhappy peers on her hands)!  I'm thinking we should do some group photos a la Annie Liebowitz in Vanity Fair?  I LOVE those fashion spreads, where everyone is fascinating and lovely in their own right, and the group as a whole is also incredibly striking.  Knowing my ladies, we'll be less serious and more silly, but that actually sounds good to me too!




[caption id="attachment_1638" align="aligncenter" width="418" caption="click for image source"]click for image source[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_1639" align="aligncenter" width="400" caption="click for image source"]click for image source[/caption]

Are you loving the Annie Liebowitz as much as I am?  And PS, special props to Ruffled Blog for bringing this idea to my attention!

No comments:

Post a Comment