Friday, November 20, 2009

The Skinny: Dress Fitting Day 2!

1008ralphlaurenad

Iiiiiiiiiiits dress fitting day!  My second fitting- the one where we'll do most of our work!  Man oh man, have I been working hard to prepare for this day.  At the end of October, I started working out with a trainer two days a week, and I have either been running or horseback riding four more days per week (which, if you are counting, means only one day off each week).  Its not an official bridal bootcamp program, but I suffice it to say my heart rate has never been pushed this hard before!

I'm not trying to look like a doctored up ad for Ralph Lauren or anything (poor Filippa Hamilton, if she was too fat I don't stand a chance!) but I'd definitely like to look my best at my wedding.  And why not?  I've spent loads of time, effort and money to prepare for this day, why should I not also prepare my self?  "All eyes on the bride" isn't something someone made up- its what actually happens that day.  Not to mention the fact that all this exercise and healthy eating is really helping with stress and sleep!

But I'm not gonna lie, there have been some days where I've just felt downright frustrated.  I'm running more miles in faster times than ever before, and I'm lifting heavier and heavier weights with my trainer.  I can see my body looks better- but it doesn't seem to be any smaller, and it certainly doesn't weigh much less, despite the fact that I've been following Weight Watchers to the mili-calorie like my life depends on it.  Yeah yeah yeah, I know all about how muscle weighs more than fat, and how your body needs time, yadda yadda yadda.  I hear it, I understand it, but sometimes you just want to see a number move!

So, today is the big drumroll day.  I already know the dress fits, and I already know how much I adore it.  But I have never had that cliche bridal "moment" when I put the dress on and thought OMGITSTHEONE.  I've heard that lots of people don't have that moment, and for me, I'm pretty sure I didn't have it because I haven't been totally happy with myself.  But you know what?  I'm actually starting to feel ok with me.  I actually kind of like me these days, especially the Michele Obama arms I'm working on.  So I'm hoping that these last weeks of hard work and starvation (only kidding, Weight Watchers preaches balance, not starvation) will pay off tonight at the fitting!

Will today be the day I have my bridal moment?

image source

No comments:

Post a Comment