Thursday, November 5, 2009

Showered with Love, Ohio Edition: The Action!

So as promised, I have gathered some fun photos of my Ohio Shower and I'm so excited to share them!  It was such an amazing, fun-filled day of visiting with people I don't see nearly enough.  Filled with small, thoughtful gifts and details that were utterly touching.  I am so glad I had the chance to spend time with so many of my favorite Ohio friends and family!  I can't even begin to justice to how wonderful my day was, so I won't keep writing- I'll let the annotated photos do the talking!




[caption id="attachment_1253" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="So many good friends from Ohio were in attendance, including bridesmaids E. and M.!!"]So many good friends from Ohio were in attendance, including bridesmaids E. and M.!![/caption]

[caption id="attachment_1254" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="I was particularly psyched to be able to spend some time with my cousins, whom I adore and don't see nearly enough of!"]I was particularly psyched to be able to spend some time with my cousins, whom I adore and don't see nearly enough of![/caption]

[caption id="attachment_1255" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="So of course, we all took some time to take fun, goofy photos of ourselves. "]So of course, we all took some time to take fun, goofy photos of ourselves.  [/caption]

[caption id="attachment_1256" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="After everyone arrived and got some tasty eats, we got down to business. Games and presents! I got loads of good stuff- especially undies and wine. It's like they know me or something!"]After everyone arrived and got some tasty eats, we got down to business.  Games and presents!  I got loads of good stuff- especially undies and wine.  It's like they know me or something![/caption]



[caption id="attachment_1257" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="When the presents were done and game prizes awarded, we moved on to business of even greater importance. Cake! Mama C. decapitated the poor pony while I watched in delicious anticipation."]When the presents were done and game prizes awarded, we moved on to business of even greater importance.  Cake!  Mama C. decapitated the poor pony while I watched in delicious anticipation.[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_1258" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="Poor, delicious pony! Oh yes, the head was pure chocolate cake, and yes, we ate it for breakfast the next day."]Poor, delicious pony!  Oh yes, the head was pure chocolate cake, and yes, we ate it for breakfast the next day.[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_1259" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="We took the obligatory ceremonial cake cutting photos, and then dug in!"]We took the obligatory ceremonial cake cutting photos, and then dug in![/caption]

[caption id="attachment_1260" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="The black forest tastiness really does merit all these recaps, I swear."]The black forest tastiness really does merit all these recaps, I swear.[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_1261" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="Aunt J. helped me pass out cake, and as you can see, I was not the only person who loved it!"]Aunt J. helped me pass out cake, and as you can see, I was not the only person who loved it![/caption]

[caption id="attachment_1262" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="After cake, things quieted down and some of the guests called it a night. It had been a wonderful evening! But a few friends and family stuck around for visiting. Here, bridesmaid M. anxiously waits for me to show her some photos..."]After cake, things quieted down and some of the guests called it a night.  It had been a wonderful evening!  But a few friends and family stuck around for visiting. Here, bridesmaid M. anxiously waits for me to show her some photos...[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_1263" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="The night ended with lots of visiting and reminiscing, and of course, a quick thank you gift for my mom the hostess! She and my sister did an amazing job!"]The night ended with lots of visiting and reminiscing, and of course, a quick thank you gift for my mom the hostess!  She and my sister did an amazing job![/caption]

[caption id="attachment_1264" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="If the shower is a sign of things to come, I think we'll live happily ever after!"]If the shower is a sign of things to come, I think we'll live happily ever after![/caption]

No comments:

Post a Comment