Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Program Makeover, A Work In Progress

Last Thursday I blogged about the most serious of wedding woes- my failed attempt at wedding programs.  My first attempt was pathetic and ugly, such a shame given that I'd scoured Paper Source for just the right components (on sale!) and relied on them working out "just right."   But I figured out how to salvage the materials I liked in a way I could live with, and created a mock up that- shockingly- I'm really pleased with!




[caption id="attachment_1239" align="aligncenter" width="415" caption="Not perfect, but look how much better they are already!"]Look how much better they are already![/caption]

As you'll recall, the inside of this will be accordion-folded with all the program contents.  I also recycled some materials to come up with a basket to put them in.  The bow was on my bridal shower "wishing well" and the basket and gold leaves were part of a Christmas-themed gift, also from the shower.  It is so fun to be able to recycle some of these elements.  And look how cute the mock-up of the program looks in there!

[caption id="attachment_1240" align="aligncenter" width="224" caption="A tisket a tasket, a program-holding basket!"]A tisket a tasket, a program-holding basket![/caption]

I guess the lesson learned is that when you try to DIY everything for your wedding, you'll have hits and misses, right?  I'm just glad I was able to take these lemons and, I daresay, make lemon martinis with them!

Did you have any DIY "misses" during your own planning?

No comments:

Post a Comment