Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Matching 'Maids, Not Poor 'Maids





 



 It is my long-standing personal opinion that when it comes to selecting a bridesmaid dress, anything goes if you are the bride- you get what you want and your girls will wear it because they love you.  But shoes are a slightly different story.  Maybe it's because they're more likely than the dresses to be worn twice.  In any event, it's my personal belief that the nicest way to do bridesmaid shoes is to either (a) tell people a color (such as silver or black) and let them choose their own, or (b) pick a really inexpensive shoe.  I think either approach builds goodwill among the ladies... and I've said it before and I'll say it again, woe to the girl with a load of unhappy bridesmaids on her hands!  


For example, my dear friend R. recently chose shoes to go with our navy blue Jenny Yoo bridesmaids dresses.  The dresses are super swank, but the shoes are cheap n' chic.  From none other than Lela Rose for Payless!!  I heart these shoes.  And I can vouch that they look even better in person, if that is possible! 

[caption id="attachment_2325" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="$29.99 (click for source)"]$29.99 (click for source)[/caption]

But of course you don't have to limit yourself to just Payless.  Check out these hot pink lovelies from, yes, Target! 


$22.99
$22.99



 

And don't forget the junior's stores.     Charlotte Russe, for example, carries this great shoe in teal, gray and black, and I am loving the bling!

[caption id="attachment_2327" align="aligncenter" width="188" caption="$34.99"]$34.99[/caption]

 And these peacock flats are to die for.  Am I right?
$22.99
$22.99

 Even Baker's has some cute options (and I have't shopped there since I was 14).

[caption id="attachment_2329" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="$29.99"]$29.99[/caption]

 And don't forget chains like DSW, TJ Maxx and Marshall's either.  Just make sure you buy fast - they carry limited quantities- so your ladies aren't left shoeless!

No comments:

Post a Comment