Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Hot or Not? Two Birds Dresses

I'm wondering if anyone else has thoughts on this topic because I think I do (but I'm still not sure).  Two birds Bridesmaid's dresses.  Have you heard of them?  One dress that can be tied in a variety of ways.  The fabrics and colors are nice, and they are one-size fits all, no alterations required.  In theory they are rewearable.  And if you live in the NY area, one of their employees will come help your girls put them on for the wedding, so that they look their best.   But they're pricey ($270 for short, $290 for long).

[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="271" caption="The dress, pre-styling."][/caption]

I'll be honest, I'm not madly in love with these dresses but I can see the appeal of choosing a dress that travels well and can be customized so extensively.  But... I bet that even though they say you don't need alterations, I'd probably want to have mine hemmed because I'm short, and I'm not convinced that these look so great on ladies who aren't models or girls who are well-endowed (these dresses look like they lend themselves to sagging).  I mean sure, you put a gorgeous tall 20 year old in this and it will look hot.  But what about a size 16 30-something?  Is that just cruel?

YOU be the judge.  Hot?  Or not??  (click on images for sources)

[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="360" caption="from Style Me Pretty"][/caption]

From twobird's website

 By the way if you love the look but prefer a better price point, check out the Victoria's Secret version of this dress.  It's not the same, but its a good alternative.

No comments:

Post a Comment