Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Adorable Favor Alert: Preserves from Tea!

I am currently in the process of planning a baby shower for a good friend.  Well actually, I'll clarify, I'm planning like 6 baby or bridal showers right now, but this one is the first of this year and will be a very small brunch shower, so I'm super excited about it.  The mother-to-be specifically asked us to keep things relaxed, so the six of us planners kept it light and divvied up just a few tasks: invitations (with one extra for mom's keepsake), a floral centerpiece, something sweet for desert, and favors.  Favors was what I picked, because of couse I love them!

We also settled on a french country theme for the shower (mom appropriate!) in shades of robin's egg blue, soft oranges and yellows, and sage green- which happen to also be the colors of the baby's under-the-sea nursery theme (baby appropriate!)  In this way, we're hoping a few of the keepsakes might be useable in baby's room when he gets here!

So when thinking about favors for a group of NYC ladies, I wanted to make sure the favor wasn't the usual diaper pin or plastic baby.  And nothing too chotchky- we all live in relatively small spaces and none of us need extra clutter.  Of course I hit Etsy looking for something good and I totally found it!  These tea-flavored preserves by homemadebyshari were just the ticket!  Shari let me order 7 different flavors (so everyone at the table can ooh, ahh and trade to get one they'll like) and she even put pastel gingham fabrics on the lids to coordinate with the shower's french country theme. 

[caption id="attachment_2131" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="Le sigh!"]Le sigh![/caption]

I think these would be such a great favor for bridal showers or even weddings too, and at $2 each they're quite reasonable!  The flavors I ordered include honey vanilla chamomile, blueberry, cinnamon apple, country peach, lemon zinger, tangerine orange, and wild berry.  But there are many more options to chose from as well. 

As an aside, I decorated a little basket with gingham ribbon for each guest to put a baby book in, in lieu of a card, which will likewise coordinate with all the goodies.  I can't wait to see everything come together!

No comments:

Post a Comment