Monday, February 22, 2010

Got Mah Hairs Did

On our wedding day, I woke bright and early (due to an unfortunately noisy heating unit in my hotel room) and excitedly threw on my special "getting ready outfit"- a juicy couture track suit (got it on sale of course, thanks Bloomingdale's!) with a "Bride" tank top I'd scored on sale from the Wedding Chicks in my favorite color- pink!  Armed with my most comfortable duds, I met up with my ladies and got ready to get my hair and makeup done!

For hair and makeup, I told the ladies that I would be getting myself made up at Panico salon in Oradell, NJ.  I told the girls they could do their own hair and makeup or join me- and most of the bridesmaids did.  Those who didn't actually had hair that was easy to style, so I was perfectly content to let folks choose for themselves, and in the end everyone looked lovely!

We got to Panico at 9 am and I was there until a little after noon- so yes, it was a long morning.  But as you can see, it was fun girl time!  One lesson I did learn in the process, however, was that I should  have built in more time.  We had a very tight schedule, and because we didn't stick to it very well, I ended up feeling rushed when I got dressed.  Did it matter?    Not really, no-- but if you're planning your wedding, take note!

The most important thing was that we all bonded, and we all really loved the way we looked when we walked out of there.  You'll see even more once I start posting the recaps with pro pics, but suffice it to say, Panico rocked it out!

[caption id="attachment_2222" align="aligncenter" width="432" caption="Pre-'Do"]Pre-'Do[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_2215" align="aligncenter" width="432" caption="Taming my mane into submission"]Taming my mane into submission[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_2218" align="aligncenter" width="432" caption="Look how cute my girls are, even pre-polish!"]Look how cute my girls are, even pre-polish![/caption]

[caption id="attachment_2219" align="aligncenter" width="432" caption="Makeup time!"]Makeup time![/caption]

[caption id="attachment_2220" align="aligncenter" width="432" caption="We were all smiles as our looks came together"]We were all smiles as our hairstyles came together[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_2221" align="aligncenter" width="432" caption="A couple of final poses before we were on our way!"]A couple of final poses before we were on our way![/caption]

And how did we get here?  Checking InPractice Makes Perfect: The Rehearsal!; The Rehearsal Dinner!; The Rehearsal Dinner Slide Show; Girls Gone Wild!

No comments:

Post a Comment