Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Girls Gone Wild: Post Rehearsal Fun!

After the rehearsal dinner, we were all pretty beat.  But that didn't mean we went to bed like the responsible adults we're not.  Nooooo.  My ladies and I stayed up, drank a little wine (or fancy bottled waters) and visited.  After all, so many good friends were here from out of town, and I knew our wedding day would be nuts, so it was a good time to get some visiting in.  And so those who had a little energy left headed back to the big suite for some fun... in the form of goofing off, as all good friends do!

[caption id="attachment_2138" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="C. shows off the water, bottled with love by J. and I."]C. shows off the water, bottled with love by J. and I.[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_2139" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="J. and B. unwind and laugh at the rest of the foolishness."]J. and B. unwind and laugh at the rest of the foolishness.[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_2140" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="M., B. and I smile and try to look like grown ups for the camera!"]M., B. and I smile and try to look like grown ups for the camera![/caption]

[caption id="attachment_2141" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="E. and C. work on their goddess poses."]E. and C. work on their goddess poses.[/caption]

Note, that at this point, there actually were quite a few guys in the room.  But they were sitting and talking and catching up like normal people.  Unlike we ladies, who are clearly NOT afraid to look stupid in front of boys.

[caption id="attachment_2147" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="S. and I channel our inner Carlton Banks by recreating the scene from the Fresh Prince of Bel Air where Tom Jones sang "It's Not Unusual."  I know you know what I'm talking about."]S. and I channel our inner Carlton Banks by recreating the scene from the Fresh Prince of Bel Aire where Tom Jones sang.  Oh come on, I know you know what I'm talking about.[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_2148" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="C. and I show off our matching shirts; and later I show off my new pearls from J!"]C. and I show off our matching shirts; and later I show off my new pearls from J![/caption]

[caption id="attachment_2144" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="Meanwhile, lil sis B. tried to keep her big sis in line."]Meanwhile, lil sis B. tried to keep her big sis in line.[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_2145" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="While other bridesmaids finished opening up their swag bags... and felt just a little sad to have destroyed the wrappings."]While other bridesmaids finished opening up their swag bags... and felt just a little sad to have destroyed the wrappings.[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_2146" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="But eventually the time came for me to say goodnight to J... and so I did so via interpretive dance. As you can see, he was not taking my dance seriously.  So we said goodnight- and didn't see each other until I walked into that aisle the next morning!"]But eventually the time came for me to say goodnight to J... and so I did so via interpretive dance.  As you can see, he is not taking my dance seriously.[/caption]

It probably does not come as a surprise to you to hear that the next morning, despite our good intentions to get up and get a work out in, we did not do so. Oh but it was worth it!  A little silliness goes a long way to easing pre-wedding nervousness!

And speaking of silliness, that last picture, dear friends, is rock solid evidence of how much I love you all.  I look like a total nerd :)

And how did we get here?  Checking InPractice Makes Perfect: The Rehearsal!; The Rehearsal Dinner!; The Rehearsal Dinner Slide Show

No comments:

Post a Comment