Friday, February 12, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day!

Sunday will be my first Valentine's day as a married woman.  And though some people think its just a holiday for presents, I like to treat it as an opportunity to get creative (do you like the double entendre there?)  J. and I are currently on a "financial fast" which means no discretionary spending, a la the proposed Obama budget, and it also means we can't spend money on romantic gifts for one another.  The solution?  Make a valentine for your loved one!

The Wedding Chicks, for example, offer these adorable downloadable cards which would be useful for so many great projects!

[caption id="attachment_2154" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="hummingbird valentine"]hummingbird valentine[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_2155" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="love postcard"]love postcard[/caption]

Or these freebies from Samantha Hahn:

[caption id="attachment_2156" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="Adorable, no?"]Adorable, no?[/caption]

And don't forget to check out downloadables like these from the Vintage Moth!

[caption id="attachment_2157" align="aligncenter" width="255" caption="Victorian always wins me over..."]Victorian always wins me over...[/caption]

Of course, if all else fails, you can also go the mix-tape route.  Who doesn't love those?!  I don't yet know what I'll be doing, but I think I've got a good start!

Do you have any cheap or free tips for romantic valentines?

No comments:

Post a Comment