Monday, May 24, 2010

Priorities: Cake!

At this point in my recaps I'm going to skip around a bit, because after the toasts, we ate dinner but of course, there was lots of dancing between courses!  And after some of that dancing it was time for cake- and then more dancing of course!  Our wedding cake was so special to me... and seeing it all made to our specifications really made me smile!  There were three layers- the one J. chose (white cake with chocolate ganache and cannoli cream), the one I chose (red velvet and cream cheese frosting) and the top (chocolate cake with chocolate ganache and cannoli cream- J.'s ultimate).  Sadly, I never got to taste my red velvet... the staff brought me the white cake, and I barely ate any because I wanted to dance, so I didn't ask for the red velvet.  But what little cake I did eat was SO good!  Le Petit Gateau did a great job with it!


And remember those cake toppers from my childhood Easter basket?  They didn't actually end up on top of the cake, but rather, on a lower tier.  I'm not sure if it was on purpose or because the bakery didn't realize I had a topper- but I couldn't have been more thrilled with the placement, it looked great!


The actual cutting of the cake was all pomp and circumstance... the maitre'd kept making us do cheesy things while we tried not to roll our eyes.  Our focus was all cake- and when we finally got to taste it, it was delicious!  I know that eating one-year old frozen cake is a little bit of an odd custom, but I have to say, I'm looking forward to eating it again on our anniversary!




And how did we get here?  Checking InPractice Makes Perfect: The Rehearsal!; The Rehearsal Dinner!; The Rehearsal Dinner Slide Show; Girls Gone Wild!; Got Mah Hairs Did; The Guys Get Groomed; The Girls Get Glammed!; Get Me To The Church on Time!; The Moments of a Lifetime: Our Ceremony!; Love, Snow, and Portraits!; Mayhem and Cocktails!; These Are A Few of My Favorite Things (from the reception); Getting This Party Started; Here's to Eternity!

No comments:

Post a Comment