Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Pillowcase Dresses!!!!!






I know, five exclamation points is a bit much but it's hard not to write with so many when I see pillowcase dresses.  These are a recent discovery of mine, one that has turned into a full-fledged obsession.  There is something so lightweight and airy and comfy and kid-appropriate about a pillowcase dress.  They are inexpensive to make, can be made with recycled or vintage materials, and can be totally customized to match a wedding.  I think they're the ideal flower girl dress, and I also love that they're re-wearable.  If only I was 28 years younger.  If you don't like these, you have no soul.  I mean it, I am in love.  Or maybe I just need to get knocked up.  But that's another blog post for another day...


Even if you're not a seamstress yourself, you can score adorable pillowcase dresses on etsy.  Take a look at what my own quick research revealed (all images link to their source)!




[caption id="attachment_2745" align="aligncenter" width="200" caption="KayKape's version ($19.99)"][/caption]
Crisp in blue from TheUptownBaby ($25)


[caption id="attachment_2741" align="aligncenter" width="233" caption="From Main Street Bowtique ($40)"][/caption]
Hummingbirds from CreativeBee706 ($20.99)





[caption id="attachment_2742" align="aligncenter" width="200" caption="Also from Main Street Bowtique ($54)"][/caption]

[caption id="attachment_2740" align="aligncenter" width="289" caption="Girlie Bow's Damask adorableness ($20)"][/caption]

No comments:

Post a Comment