Monday, April 19, 2010

Mayhem and Cocktails!

I know it's been two weeks since my last recap, but for the reception recaps I have SO many photos it just takes me forever, and I've been busy doing other things in the outdoor world!  But, I've managed to get it together to bring you cocktail hour recaps!  Our cocktail hour at the Nyack Seaport was outstanding.  J. and I got to the Seaport and did photos before anyone else got there.  After photos, the chef made us our own plate of appetizers and we sat in a private lounge and reveled in our newlywed state!  It was both tasty and romantic good times.  The food was, in fact, outrageously good.  I didn't eat anything at cocktail hour because I was worried about getting my dress stained, but we served some good stuff.  15 different passed appetizers, a carving station with roast beef (with rolls and horseradish) and turkey (with gravy and cranberries!), and a pasta station with vodka sauce, bolognese, steamed mussels and mozzarella, tomato and basil.  Oh and did I mention the cold display with cheese (mmmmm) and crudite??  And all of our guests commented again and again about how much they loved the food.


Since most of our guests stayed at the Pearl River Hilton, they took the shuttle bus to the reception- which meant the guests arrived in waves.  That was actually perfect for us, because we got to enjoy guests in waves too!  My favorite favorite favorite part of the cocktail hour was the music.  Two members of our band played jazz on the bass and grand piano.  It was so elegant and perfect for a cocktail hour.



Meanwhile, the serves mingled with the guests as they brought out plate after plate of appetizers.  Baby lamb chops with mint aioli, mini quiches, and of course J.'s personal request, piggies in blankets.  Yeah, we take our food really seriously.



Once everyone had the chance to grab a plate and a drink, the mingling began.  J. and I were so excited to see everyone after the adrenaline had slowed back down!  I think everyone enjoyed themselves thoroughly- and I think everyone appreciated the repast after driving in the snow!



I have to say, I was sad to see the cocktail hour end because it was so lovely.  But more fun was ahead, so off we went to line up for our grand introduction!

And how did we get here?  Checking InPractice Makes Perfect: The Rehearsal!; The Rehearsal Dinner!; The Rehearsal Dinner Slide Show; Girls Gone Wild!; Got Mah Hairs Did; The Guys Get Groomed; The Girls Get Glammed!; Get Me To The Church on Time!; The Moments of a Lifetime: Our Ceremony!; Love, Snow, and Portraits!

No comments:

Post a Comment