Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Once Upon A Time: Invitations!

Tami Shower invites 019 I am so excited today to FINALLY be able to share with you a project I'm particularly proud of... baby shower invitations for my sister in law!  I made (designed, printed, assembled) these myself, 100% from scratch.  And I'm so excited about how they turned out!  Sure, they were work, but I love projects and crafts-- and these were a labor of LOVE!

The first thing I love about them is their theme.  Sister in law T is a teacher, and so a book reference was a no-brainer.  When searching for invites online, I was instantly drawn to the "Once upon a time" themed invites, but the company I liked best did not make enclosures or RSVP cards-- and since we needed both for this set, I did some thinking. I realized, I could totally do this myself!  And so I ordered the paper and got to work!

Tami Shower invites 006Tami Shower invites 007


The invitation consists of three parts printed on light pink cardstock- the main invite, the RSVP postcard, and then an enclosure with registry information, asking folks to bring a baby book in lieu of a card (cute, right?!)  The components are wrapped in a belly band of bright pink, and the envelopes are lined with the same shade.  And then, around the belly band, I wrapped and tied some yarn.  It's a little nod to my mother in law who knits, as well as baby appropriate- and on top of all that, it's a great little textural addition that peeks out of the envelope when you open it.  LOVE!


Tami Shower invites 011Tami Shower invites 012Tami Shower invites 018


Since we saved some money making these, I splurged on custom Zazzle stamps for the postcard and envelopes... I think they add just the right finishing touch, and of course I had some coupons and Ebates to help with the cost!

Tami Shower invites 021


One of the other things I love about this concept is that it would also work well for a girly-girl bridal shower.  And the components themselves are simply 5 x7 paper/envelopes, traditionally sized postcard RSVP's, and then smaller enclosures- all of which are easy to find at Paper Source or the craft store.  Seriously, anyone could make something like this!


Tami Shower invites 024Have I convinced you?  Would you try making your own invitations for an event??

No comments:

Post a Comment