Friday, January 15, 2010

Practice Makes Perfect: The Rehearsal!

22454_1300612242210_1437540031_1802245_3111967_n


Alright friends, I have one last recap for you before I leave for my honeymoon, but I promise many more upon my return!  In the mean time I've lined up some wonderful guest bloggers who are sure to educate and entertain you in my absence.  Plus, I'm bringing my laptop to Hawaii (to watch movies and play YoVille of course) so I'll try to check in with you while I'm there!  Keep reading and I'll see you all again in two weeks!


. . .



Once checked in and settled, the ladies who stayed in my suite and I decided to start getting ready.  I was psyched to put on my crazy platform peeps (which the group affectionately called "hooker shoes") and yes, they were harder to walk in than I expected.  We all wore hats, headbands, flowers or fascinators in honor of the occasion- below you can see that my little sister and MOH B. ended up wearing my hair flower, while I ended up wearing a headband belonging to bridesmaid C., and C. wore a sparkly headband I had purchased as "backup."  After all that work on my hair flower, it just was not jiving with my dress.  But somehow it all worked out!  Of course, B. and I had to take a few goofy photos (our signature look) before we left the hotel!

Slide1Once we started for the church, it was like "Holy Traffic Batman!"  With all the traffic, of course I was the last person to get to the church.  Go figure.  I arrived flustered and worried, but the church coordinator Carol had already started getting everyone up to speed, parents and friends had made their introductions, so I got a few hugs and then hopped to!  Carol and the Reverend immediately went through the order of the ceremony.  Meanwhile, our ring bearer and flower girl sat quietly and absorbed the commotion.




Slide2


After the first walk-through, we all recessed down the aisle.  I had encouraged everyone to work it down the aisle backwards (in the style of Juvenile's Back That Azz Up) but nobody else thought that was a good idea so we just went normally.


Slide3And then we lined up and did it again!  This time I got an official walk down the aisle from my dad.


Slide4There were tiny blue stickers on the floor telling the bridal party where to stand.  They even received instructions on how and when to pivot toward the alter (which, if you're wondering, should be done when the bride and groom walk up the stairs and start their vows).  The parents were also instructed on how to present us for marriage, at which point my father started laughing and said "well buddy, good luck with her!"


Slide5We even practiced the vows- thankfully the Reverendjust said "do you?  and do you?" which was helpful.  If he had gone through them, J. and I both might have cried.  J. claims he doesn't cry but he's actually a very sensitive dude; and me, I'm like water works when I get going.  We also practiced lighting our unity candle, at which point I remembered how much I loved my DIY unity candle (I have a short attention span).


Slide6After that, just one more recessional and we were done!


Slide7


The final step was to sign our marriage license with our witnesses, and then we headed to the Cornerstone for the big dinner!



30

Up next, party time at the Rehearsal Dinner!

 

And how did we get here?  Checking In.

No comments:

Post a Comment