Monday, June 21, 2010

Those Handy Little Freebies (Part I)

I've blogged before about my love for the Wedding Chicks.  In fact, they are the reason I found my photographer, Jessica Morrisy, and they are responsible for so much of my own wedding inspiration.  And they also featured my wedding, which in and of itself was pretty rock star.  *love them*



Well, one of the many things I love about the Chicks is their section of freebies.  They have so many customizeable, free loveliness, its hard not to drool.  So it's no shock that I turned to them when I needed to design a shower invitation for my stepsister!



And while we're on the topic, yes, my stepsister's name really is Sarah.  And her future husband?  He has the same name as my husband.  Ah, the modern blended family!



My stepsister Sarah is planning a summery yellow and orange wedding, and so when planning the shower, we bridesmaids thought we'd stick with the same color family.  And once that had been decided, I immediately wanted to use the Wedding Chicks dahlia  invitation design I had seen a few months ago!



While the Chicks' design was intended for a wedding, it worked just as perfectly for a bridal shower.  And it was easy to do- I just downloaded the template and then added the text- it involved a bit of photoshopping the PDF, but in the end, the result turned out great!








I had the invitations printed on matte cardstock at (where else?) Vista Print, and they came back perfect.  I couldn't be happier with how they turned out.  I used the same image to make coordinating insert cards and mailing labels.  And for the crowing touch:




Have you customized any good downloadable freebies lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment