Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Some Fairy Dust to Sprinkle in Your Bath

Recently, my mother-in-law and I came up with a shower favor that, in my very-biased opinion, is awesome.  You may recall the Once Upon a Time invitations I shared a few weeks ago... well, we decided that "fairy dust" bath salts would be an adorable favor to thank all the guests for coming.  So of course, I had to share them with you because I think these could be used for weddings or bridal showers just as easily!



[caption id="attachment_3086" align="aligncenter" width="386" caption="Our bath salt favors in action (and yes, I took that photo!)"][/caption]


These were so simple to make!  First, we took a few drops of scented oil (we found Philosophy Amazing Grace fragrance oil at Save-On Crafts) and mixed them with equal parts epsom and sea salts.  Once we liked the level of fragrance, the salts were funneled into jars.  We got ours from the local craft store, but Save-On is a great resource for jars too!


Once the salts were in their jars, we added little hang tags.  The above tags were from madebyjackie on etsy, and were super affordable, but you could make stickers or tags at home too.  I love how easy it is to personalize these little dudes, and they look so cute on a table too!  If you are related to me, there's a good chance you'll be getting bath salts for your birthday, just FYI!!


Do you have any DIY favor tips?

No comments:

Post a Comment