Sunday, June 27, 2010

Carry the Torch: Apply to Blog for The One!

On August 24, The One! will be a year old- I know it's still a little while till the big day, and yet, it's just around the corner!  It's been such a wonderful experience for me to have blogged about wonderful wedding fun for almost a full year now!  But as I've moved into my life as a married woman and further away from wedding planning, I've found a whole new world of competing demands on my time.  As Robert Collier once said, One might as well try to ride two horses moving in different directions, as to try to maintain in equal force two opposing or contradictory sets of desires.”  The truth is that I want to do it ALL and the reality is that I simply cannot.

But I'm not giving up on The One!  Instead, I'm looking for a NEW BLOGGER BRIDE (or two?) to whom I can pass the torch!  Don't worry I will still post too, but I think we need to breathe some new life into this place!   The ideal candidate will:

- Share my desire to keep The One! as snark free as possible, while still maintaining enough space to allow for a few opinions!

- Have an appreciation for budget friendly, DIY, and otherwise personal and unique wedding details!

- Share my philosophy that weddings are first and foremost about commitment, family and love!

- Be an excellent writer!

- Be willing to post 2-3 times weekly!

If you think you're up for the challenge, please email me, sarah.theoneNY [at] gmail [dot] com, with your name and a brief paragraph about why you'd like to blog with The One!   If you have a personal blog, please let me know the link, and if you do not, please provide 2-3 samples of your written work product- any relevant format will do!

I know there are so many of you out there who have good ideas and I'd LOVE to bring you into the fold!!

No comments:

Post a Comment