Sunday, October 24, 2010

DIY Mercury Glass- FINALLY!

I remember well how last year at this time, I was itching to find a good tutorial for DIY mercury glass.  Alas, everyone who had tried it said the same thing- it's very tough to do and very difficult to get a good result.  That is, until I came across this post at Domestically Speaking.  Maryann (who I'm dubbing genius of the century) came up with a great trick to take basic glassware from this:



to this:



The trick?  Spraying droplets of water on the surface before the paint.  Why didn't I think of that??!!  I solved my own problems by hitting the discount stores, but you could get major mileage out of inexpensive craft store or ikea finds, which would allow you more uniformity too.  Love it!  Head on over to Maryann's blog, Domestically Speaking to learn more!

1 comment: