Monday, August 9, 2010

Moving On, Moving Up

A year ago when I started this blog it was kind of a bucket list thing.  I do a lot of writing for a living, could I write a blog for a year?  I thought so.  What I didn't anticipate was that I'd develop such a great group of followers, nor did I know how rewarding blogging would be!  I have learned so much about relationships, about crafting and planning, and about gathering as a community  in support of one another- miraculously, all through a silly, geeky blog.   And although it's been gratifying beyond measure to participate in this world, I have to face facts:  I'm waaaay too busy to do this for the long haul.  I will ALWAYS love weddings but I am officially over-saturated with wedding knowledge- knowledge I no longer need.   It's generally a good idea to walk away from something while you still love it, no?



Furthermore, J. and I are looking down the barrel of some big changes right now.  None are so big we can't manage, but  I need to take some time to prioritize my career and family right now- and unfortunately the blog doesn't make money or cuddle.  So even though it's a bummer to slow down, I need to focus on the rest of my life for a while.



The good news is that I can save some $$ because I won't be paying hosting fees anymore.  The bad news is that I have to move the blog to another (free) platform- which I will be sharing with you as soon as I figure it out- so all those postings won't be gone forever.  And don't worry, I'll still post from time to time when I have something good to share!  PLUS I'm still holding out hope that I can hand The One! over to a new bride-to-be who may be looking for a way to share her adventures (so please email me if you are interested)!



It's hard to figure out how to end a post like this without sounding cheesy, so I am forced to accept that I will always be a cheeseball, and end with two of the cheesiest things I can think of.  First, the always-quotable Elizabeth Gilbert:



"We search for happiness everywhere, but we are like Tolstoy's fabled beggar who spent his life sitting on a pot of gold, under him the whole time. Your treasure--your perfection--is within you already. But to claim it, you must leave the busy commotion of the mind and abandon the desires of the ego and enter into the silence of the heart."



Elizabeth always nails it, doesn't she?  That's totally how I feel- I need to chill for a while and focus on some basics.  Oh and the second cheesey thing I hearby bequeath to you?  From Titanic...





I'll never let go...





xoxo,



Sarah :)

No comments:

Post a Comment